Healthy Jon‘s protein waffle recipe
- 2 eggs
- 7 tbsp of yoghurt
- 5 tbsp of spelt flour
- 1tbsp of Vanilla 100% whey protein (recommended)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of lucuma/baobab/maca
- Blend everything in a food processor adding the wet ingredients first (eggs & yoghurt), then the dry ingredients (flour, protein, cinnamon & baking powder).
- Blitz until smooth.
- Heat your waffle iron to required temperature.
- Grease it to stop the waffles from sticking, then pour in enough batter to fill the mould to the edges. This will vary depending on the waffle iron you have.
- Cook until the waffle starts to turn brown. Brown not golden. You want the outside of the waffle to form a thin layer of crust, that is what gives a waffle its firmness and rigidity unlike a pancake. Mine took around 3 minutes but this will vary depending on your waffle iron.
- Remove the waffle, grease again and add the batter for the second waffle.
Top them with whatever you like. This time round I went for some honey and cherries but some firm favourites are:
- Strawberries & melted dark chocolate
- Peanut butter & sliced banana
- Blueberries and maple syrup